Saturday 2 January 2016

This weekend activity was to build a model airbrushing paint booth.

I have many things to paint currently and I felt it would be good to have a booth for safety and convenience. As the overspray has always concerned me, even though I wear a respirator.

So a bit of online research revealed a cheap plastic storage container, a bathroom exhaust fan and a filter was all that was need to make something that worked. I found a Bunnings $10 voucher in my wallet, so off shopping I went one lunchtime. Mancave heaven! The box was the most expensive item, and finding one that was deep and the right size was a breeze.

It literally is 5 pieces of timber, box, fan, a/c filter, few scores and a couple of cable ties.







2 comments:

  1. Hi Noel.

    I've just discovered that you have a blog, and I have a bit of catch-up reading to do. How well does this paint booth work? Wouldn't the electric motor in the fan be a risk with solvent based paints?
    Regards,
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ron,
    I only use water based paints. However in regard to solvent I do not believe it would be an issue, as there are no sparks with an 'induction' motor. Also the quantity of air to paint would be greatly in favour of the air, hence why I believe it would be an issue.
    Noel

    ReplyDelete